[AccessD] dba-SQL down?

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Feb 19 15:44:00 CST 2003

Thanks for the heads-up.

Let me post the questions here, then, since so many listers are doubled.

Can you run MSDE on the same box as SQL Server? Simultaneously? If so, how
can you determine which one you're connected to? If so, how can you
specifically target, say, a database residing in MSDE rather than SQL 2000?

For reasons I won't detail, I have to provide a package that lets end users
run an MSDE copy on their boxes rather than hooking into the internet
database that is normally used. It's running against my SQL 2000 install at
the moment. I want to put MSDE on and DTS the data there and then reconnect
the ADP to the MSDE database.

Recipes? Advice?