[AccessD] OT: Selling an Access Application

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Wed Feb 19 17:44:00 CST 2003

OTOMH,
: - Protection:  Demo versus Licensed version
First make sure you are only distributing MDE's/ADE's, 2nd look into some of
the serialization techniques employed by VB programmers on PSC
(planetsourcecode.com)

: - Online Purchase:  Best/cheapest to handle credit card payments and
annual
: support subscription
Have you looked into PayPal, or Amazon.com?

: - Web Support: What is needed? Forum/Bug Tracker/FAQ?
For an On-Line Forum check out
http://www.webwizguide.info/web_wiz_forums/default.asp

You do need a bug tracker, something built within the application would be
nice, but you may also want to just create a webpage on your site that would
sumbit the BUGs to directly to you...
On line FAQ/KnowledgeBase is a MUST... otherwise you will have customers on
the phone till you drop :D

also what about on-line updates?  check out the inet tool (wininet.dll, and
the OpenURL command  in order to perform updates over the web.  The
technique is rather simple and easy to apply.

-Francisco
http://rcm.netfirms.com
: I have an application that I want to be able to sell and support over the
: web.  Does anyone have any tips, ideas for the following areas:
: - Protection:  Demo versus Licensed version
: - Online Purchase:  Best/cheapest to handle credit card payments and
annual
: support subscription
: - Web Support: What is needed? Forum/Bug Tracker/FAQ?
:
: For delivery I am using Wise and Sagekey (with and without runtime).
:
: Is there anything I have missed?
:
: Kind regards