[AccessD] Just curious

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 20 05:07:01 CST 2003

On 19 Feb 2003 at 8:35, Charlotte Foust wrote:

> Have you ever used WithEvents in a form's class module to handle
> something like automation of another form or to determine when a
> button is clicked on that other form?  In a stand alone class module,

Nope. Never in Access.

> you do pretty much the same thing, bind the object to the custom class
> and use WithEvents to tell the application how to respond to the
> events that occur in that object.  John's framework and Shamil's DEEP
> examples might be a bit hard to digest, but there are simple class
> examples out there that surely can help you wrap your brain around the
> concept.  Compared to some possible class uses, WithEvents is a simple
> concept.

I know. That's why it is starting to bug me that I can't get it in
Access. I guess I need to have a reason to use it. That may be why
I am having a hard time with it. I don't have a reason.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
An unkind remark is like a killing frost. No matter how much it
warms up later, the damage remains.