[AccessD] OT Friday Humour

budge at magicaldesk.com budge at magicaldesk.com
Fri Feb 21 08:08:00 CST 2003

A young man took a job in a large city and began commuting to work each day through a series of tunnels, bridges and traffic jams.

Hoping to make the trip less stressful, he invited several of his co-workers to share the ride. This, however, made the commute even more stressful, especially the trips through the tunnels.

He decided to consult a doctor. 'Doc,' he complained, 'I'm fine on the bridges or in heavy traffic, and even when one of the guys forgets to bathe all week. But when I get into one of the tunnels, with those other guys crowded into the car, I feel so nervous and dizzy that I feel like I'm going to explode.'

Without further analysis, the doctor announced he had diagnosed his ailment.

"What is it, Doc?" he asked. "Am I losing my mind?"

"Oh no, son," the doctor replied. "What you have is something that is becoming more and more common."

"Please tell me what it is," the young man pleaded.

The doctor said, "You have what is known as Carpool Tunnel Syndrome."