[AccessD] Now what do I do with this thing?

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 22 09:28:00 CST 2003

On 22 Feb 2003 at 9:17, John W. Colby wrote:

> OK, so now that I have this fancy Visual Studio.net (which comes with
> no book of course) - what do I do with it?  I have:
>
> Visual Basic .net
> Visual C# .net
> Visual C++ .net
> Visual J# .net
> and Crystal Reports .net.
> The .net framework SDK
> The Windows application compatibility toolkit
>
> What the &^%$ is this .net thing they are so proud of?
> What the (*&%* is the # thing they are so proud of?
>
> How do I write a program?  Hello world?  ;-)
>
> I feel very discombobulated in this environment.  It appears that it
> is designed to allow navigation through a varied set of tools, but I
> was kind of expecting to press a button somewhere and be transported
> on my magic carpet to something resembling the VB development
> environment.  I haven't found that button yet!
>
> If anyone out there is using this thing and wants to discuss it with
> other (even us neophytes) please raise your hand.

I'm just looking at .net as well. SO any discussions I'd be interested
in as well.

I have been reading Visual Basic .NET: A Beginer's Guide by
Jeffery Kent (ISBN:0072131209). It's been helping, although I am
only on Chapter 4, and I've had the book for 2 weeks already.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.