[AccessD] PDF for word ...

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Mon Feb 24 08:09:00 CST 2003

Gustav,
Hey, thanks for the info!  Around here, PDF technology has been infectious
(but in a good way).  2 years ago, I suggested that we use Acrobat for
submitting quotes via email.  Next thing I know, everyone is coming up with
innovative uses for it.

I plan to modify our quote module to print directly to a PDF file and launch
the Acrobat Reader instead of navigating through the Access Report preview
window.  This way, once the quote prints, it is automatically saved to our
fileserver for future access.

And AFAIK, the PDF995 implementation is just an automated method of
installing the Ghostwriter driver.  Someone with a lot of know-how and time
on their hands could do the same thing for free.  Unfortunately, I am
lacking in both at this moment!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustav Brock [mailto:gustav at cactus.dk]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 5:26 AM
To: Brett Barabash
Subject: Re: [AccessD] PDF for word ...

Hi Brett

I downloaded this and ran my old test.
The output of Pdf995 is close to identical to that of Acrobat.

File size is slightly larger. This may be due to the compression; if
Acrobat is set to use lzw compression, file size is almost identical.

If you study the pdf, it looks like pdf995 uses the Ghostscript
libraries as their is a reference to these.

To conclude, no reason to hold your purchase.

/gustav