[AccessD] Tools to help the development proces

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Feb 26 05:53:01 CST 2003

Marcel,

This tool called Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems -
http://www.sparxsystems.com.au - seems to be a good candidate tool for your
specification work. And its UML based. And it is almost "dirt" cheap taking
into account its power. And the info that Rational is acquired by IBM -

"Microsoft in spotlight over Borland swoop"

means for me that this Enterprise Architect modelling tool is getting now
more chances to grow into even more powerful software product when Rational
is lost(?) for the market as an independent player in the UML
modelling/specification area...

TOP SECRET: Enterprise Architect keeps all the specs in an MS Access
database (at least first versions, which I used to use) - so you can easily
extend it to your needs getting modelling info from its database and
combining it with your custom metadata...

HTH,
Shamil

P.S. I'm not working for/with Sparx Systems... yet? :)