[AccessD] VB Simple problem. Can't use Kill - CROSS_POSTED VB

John Skolits JSkolits at CorporateDataDesign.com
Wed Feb 26 21:06:00 CST 2003

Am I losing it?

Why doesn't the Kill statement work in this VB code.

'*********
Dim strRuntimePath  as string

strRuntimePath ="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office"

If Len(Dir(strRuntimePath & "\msaccess_SR1.exe")) > 0 Then
   Kill (strRuntimePath & "\msaccess_SR1.exe")
End If
'************

The line with "Len(Dir" in it works fine. Bu when the Kill line tries to run
I get an error 75 ("Path/File access error")

I can easily rename the file and move it around in explorer so I know it's
not being used by anything. I've used this syntax before in other VB apps
with no problem.

If I rename the file through explorer and run that line again it says Error
53 :File Not Found". Which makes perfect sense.

Is it because it's an EXE file?

Am I missing something really obvious?

John Skolits