[AccessD] MSysObjects - Type Values?

dave sharpe davesharpe2 at cox.net
Tue Jan 28 17:14:16 CST 2003

I don't use many features within Access so I don't have
example of all the possible Types, and I've been unable
to locate a table defining them. My current requirement
is for Access2000.

I'm writting a process to copy the contents from one
MDB to a new copy. I'm reading MSysObjects and
keying the structure of my copy command from the
contents of the type field ( see following ) and
for what I have in my MDB now it seems to work well.

'==================================================

Do
DoIt = False
AName = Rs!Name
If Left(AName, 4) <> "MSys" Then

Select Case Rs!Type
Case Is = 1
    TheCopyType = acTable
    DoIt = True
Case Is = 5
    TheCopyType = acQuery
    DoIt = True
Case Is = 6
    TheCopyType = acTable
    DoIt = True
Case Is = -32761
    TheCopyType = acModule
    DoIt = True
Case Is = -32764
    TheCopyType = acReport
    DoIt = True
Case Is = -32766
    TheCopyType = acMacro
    DoIt = True
Case Is = -32768
    TheCopyType = acForm
    DoIt = True
End Select

If DoIt = True Then
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", _
    "E:\Mine\NewDB.mdb", TheCopyType, AName, AName, True
End If

End If

Rs.MoveNext

If Rs.EOF Then
Exit Do
End If

===========================

It seems to do what I need; but I strongly beleive that
there are more values for type. I know that the TransferDatabase
method also supports the following:

acDataAccessPage
acServerView
acDiagram
acStoredProcedure

I will appreciate  any information on which Type or Types relate to each ?

Thanks
Dave