[AccessD] How to Tell Form which other form it was opened by

Susan Zeller szeller at cce.umn.edu
Wed Jan 29 08:16:00 CST 2003

In my A2k application, I have code on the on_open event of FormA.  FormA can be opened by either FormB or FormC.  Depending on which form causes FormA to open, different things needs to happen.  I'm not sure how to let FormA know which form opened it.

The only thing I could think of was to use the TAG property.  But, I can't set the TAG for FormA until it is open, but by then the on_open code has already run.

Is this a place for a global variable?  Other ideas?

TIA.

--Susan

Susan B. Zeller
Office of Information Systems