[AccessD] Message not deliverable

Administrator administrator at it.glasgow.gov.uk
Wed Jan 29 03:13:18 CST 2003

Myke,

all data traffic between frontend and backend is going over the network, so
I would doubt that splitting the backend would cause better performance.
But since your departments use distinct sets of tables you might be able to
track down an individual client machine that is causing problems.

AFAIK locking information is stored in the LDB-file that is created
automatically once someone uses a MDB-file. If you have multiple backends,
multiple LDB-files will be created. That might have influence on your
locking problems.

Database corruption can be caused by a crashing client machine or faulty
network connections. Since the server containing your backend db seems to be
pretty busy it might be worth moving the backend(s) to different machine.

Michael