[AccessD] Importing dbf files

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jan 30 18:05:00 CST 2003

> Has anyone had any luck importing dbf files?

Frequently.

> I am using the following
> command to import: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "dBase IV", _
>     InputDir, acTable, txtFile, Import.  And I receiving the error that Jet
> could not find the object that I selected.  This was selected using the open
> file form that I took from one Ken Getz’s books.
>
> TxtFile is the dbf file that I trying to import and Import is the table that
> I am trying to import to within Access.

If you get "could not find the object", it's more likely to be an error in txtFile than a
problem with the format.  Have you tried displaying it with Debug.Print or a a MsgBox to
make sure that it contains the full path and filename including extension?

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg