[AccessD] TransferDatabase Method - TransferDatabase Method

davesharpe2 at cox.net davesharpe2 at cox.net
Fri Jan 31 09:11:00 CST 2003

DaveSharpe origionally wrote
MSAccess2000
TransferDatabase Method
"saveloginid" optional argument

MSAccess2000 help gives me "Use True to store the login
identification ID) and password for an ODBC database in
the connection string for a inked table from the database.
If you do this, you don't have to log in each time you
open the table. Use False if you don't want to store
the login ID and password.

If you leave this argument blank, the default (False)
is assumed.

This argument is available only in Visual Basic."

I'm trying to use the True value and it doesn't seem to
work. See below.

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "Microsoft Access", _
dbsNewName, TheCopyType, AName, AName, , True

Does "only in Visual Basic" mean "not in VBA" ?

Stuart McLachlan Replied
No it means VBA.

What sort of ODBC database is the Access database
linked to?

How do the connection strings in the linked tables
compare in the old and new databases?

Examples?

Stuart

I'm connecting to Oracle 8 Databases

The "original connect string" is
DSN=CONNECT_TO_VACPP1;
UID=xxxxxx;PWD=???????;
DBQ=connect_to_vacpp1;
DBA=R;APA=T;FEN=T;QTO=F;FRC=10;FDL=10;LOB=T;
RST=T;FRL=T;MTS=F;CSR=F;PFC=10;TLO=0;
[ to avoid being shot my my IT, I've
"dummied-up" the userid and password]

What gets copied is only
DSN=CONNECT_TO_VACPP1;
DBQ=CONNECT_TO_VACPP1;
DBA=R;APA=T;FEN=T;QTO=F;FRC=10;FDL=10;LOB=T;
RST=T;FRL=T;MTS=F;CSR=F;PFC=10;TLO=0;

As an alternative what need I do to be able
to either "programmatically" or "manually"
edit the table.

Thanks
Dave