[AccessD] Force a subreport with no data to show on the main report

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Wed Jul 2 09:44:25 CDT 2003

I have a main report which contains 4 subreports.  Many times a couple of
the subreports will not have any data.  However I need the headings for the
subreport to print anyway and then I need for certain textboxes on the
report to show up.  I can get the subreport to open outside of the main
report and the correct information shows on the subreport.  But when I open
the main report it does not.  Currently the subreport is linked to the main
report by child field - eventID, master field - invoiceno.  Here is the
query that the subreport is based on:
SELECT tblFacilityUse.EventID, tblFacilityUse.Amtper, Weekday([date],1) AS
FacilityUseDay, tblFacilityUse.Number, Count(tblFacilityUse.Date) AS
CountOfDate, tblFacilityUse.Total
FROM tblFacilityUse
GROUP BY tblFacilityUse.EventID, tblFacilityUse.Amtper, Weekday([date],1),
tblFacilityUse.Number, tblFacilityUse.Total;

I have the following code in the OnNoData event:
Me.Rate.Visible = False
Me.Guests.Visible = False
Me.NoNights.Visible = False
Me.Total.Visible = False