[AccessD] Docmd.GoToPage when Access loses focus

Joshua B lists at jbsolutions.com.au
Thu Jul 3 18:33:29 CDT 2003

Group:

I have created an Import/Export wizard which uses page breaks in a form to go to each step. The final processing step shows a "status bar" of sorts which lets people know the wizard is working.

When processing is done, the code DoCmd.GoToPage (4) takes the user to the final screen (export successful, yada yada yada).

The problem is, the processing takes around 20 seconds to do, and during that time one of my users decided to check their email or something. As a result, they get the error "Error 2046: The command or action 'GoToPage' isnt available now. It seems that Access can't change pages unless it has focus.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this or do I (a) Tell users not to switch windows... (b) Redesign my wizard?

Best regards.

Joshua B
lists at jbsolutions.com.au
www.jbsolutions.com.au