[AccessD] Acc97 - 2004: Out of Memory error.

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Fri Jul 11 07:52:03 CDT 2003

Hey,

One of our clients (to whom I do not have physical access) has been getting
error 2004: Out of Memory errors.  Our application which we wrote for this
company is being used by over 150 people at many different locations.

Anyway, this client is the only one getting this error that I know of.  All
things seem to point to something wrong with her system.

Her system:
Win 2k (not sure of SP)
Access 97 SR-2
Office 2K

Not sure of version of Jet.

I found a MS KB article that says that SR-2 and Jet 3.51 SP3 correct this
problem.  This user is not computer savvy and I did not feel like trying to
walk her through figuring out which version of Jet she has.  They have an IT
department so if it comes to that, I may ask her to get this information.
Although messing with them is like pulling teeth.

The application has a FE (local) and a BE on a server.

I told her that if we cannot get it cleared up, that I suggest she have her
IT people uninstall Access 97 and reinstall it with SR-2 and Jet 3.51 SP3.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone has seen this problem and knows of a way to
correct it?

Thanks,
Bobby