[AccessD] Replication - how can I tell if indirect occurring

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Mon Jul 14 08:28:18 CDT 2003

I've been struggling with this replication stuff for quite a while.

I think I set everything up for indirect replication but it seems it's doing
a direct but I'm not sure. The synchronizer.log file tell me tons of stuff,
but I see "direct" in various places and also "FS". So I'm assuming a direct
connection. Yet, I want indirect.

I have a network with 2 PC's each running a Synchronizer. Each PC is
managing a separate replica in the same replica set.  I made sure each
synchronizer has been set up for indirect synchronization. The replicas are
'not' in shared folders.  I see both synchronizers in the Replication
Manager screen, connected by a solid line. Does the solid line mean direct?

For those who are also familiar with SQLServer, do the synchronizers
broadcast their presence on the network like SQLServer? Is that how
replication manager is aware of the other synchronizers?

Thanks,

John Skolits