[AccessD] SetFocus peculiar behavior

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Wed Jul 16 13:14:37 CDT 2003

I'm using a simple event procedure to set the focus to a control, and it
keeps selecting the next control in the sequence, not the control I specify.
I seem to remember seeing this before, but I can't remember what the problem
is.

The setup is a simple main form/subform, with the subform being a continuous
form. The subform's last control has a KeyDown event that looks for Tab or
Enter, and if encountered, automatically sets focus to the next control in
the cycle on the main form.

I've done this before and not encountered this problem. I tested it by
changing the control to the second next control, and the event selects the
third next control. :(

Susan H.