[AccessD] Oracle into Access

Millard, Paul --- Sr. Developer Analyst ---WGO Paul.Millard at freight.fedex.com
Thu Jul 17 15:16:28 CDT 2003

I'm trying to write a UNION SQL query below to get the 5 closest zip codes in both directions.  To do this, I need to put an ORDER BY clause to get the closest ones in each direction.  Running the query separately without UNION everything works fine, however, using the UNION creates a syntax error which has to do with ORDER BY.

Any ideas?  I would like to keep it as a UNION but worst scenario would be to run two recordsets...

Thanks,
Paul Millard
San Jose, CA

SELECT
TOP 5
ZipCode, Svc, SvcMiles
FROM
tblSvcToZipMiles
WHERE
ZipCode<'95022'
ORDER BY ZipCode DESC
UNION
SELECT
TOP 5
ZipCode, Svc, SvcMiles
FROM
tblSvcToZipMiles
WHERE
ZipCode>'95022'
ORDER BY ZipCode ASC

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.