[AccessD] Normal templates

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Jul 21 12:01:07 CDT 2003

This is a feature of Access that I have briefly experimented with, failed to
achieve what I wanted, and moved on. But the questions arise again...

I created a form called Normal with all my bells and whistles (i.e. header
and footer with various objects on each) and discovered that I inherited
virtually nothing from the header and footer.

I have never created a Normal report, but given the above experience I'd
guess that I'd inherit about the same (i.e. zilch). Given any one client's
preferences, I'd like to capture these in a Normal report (i.e. report
header in fontX, group1 Header and Footer in fontY, Group2 Header and Footer
in fontZ, &c.). Is this possible?

Alternatively, is it better to create a form __MyForm and a report
__MyReport with all this set up, and then Save As, rather than expecting the
built in Normal stuff to work?

Experience and advice appreciated.

TIA,
Arthur