[AccessD] Training Resources

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 03:36:08 CDT 2003

For what its worth try it out without using the GUI tools first. Use
notepad and give it a try.

We (the list) have arranged a deal with a publisher which will permit
members of the list to receive a 20 - 25% discount on books etc on many
topics including .NET. I will post the full details shortly once I get the
approval from management.

I am responsible for such things in DBA so feel free to email me any
questions and resources you would like to see on the DBA web site. I have
been busy working on some projects lately and have not got as far ahead as
I think I should with the site training materials. But will make an efort
to organise an area of the site for this subject.

Please feel free to email me directly on any issue you feel falls into the
education and training area.

However, the best area for traing is the AccessD list itself.

Martin

On Jul 21 2003, MartyConnelly wrote:

> Here is some fun stuff to learn .Net
> You can download Quake II .NET from Vertigo
> Software including the full source code and project files.
> You will have to load data files as well
> Vertigo does provide a 12-page white paper filled with tips.
> Check it out to learn more about running managed .NET applications
> using the CLR. Ported from C to C++
>
> Download Quake II .NET from Vertigo
> Software http://www.vertigosoftware.com/Quake2.htm
>
>  12-page Vertigo white paper
> http://www.notouchdeploy.net/quake2/Quake II NET Port Whitepaper.pdf
>
> Marcus, Scott (GEAE, Contractor) wrote:
>
> >John,
> >
> > Some time ago, I remember you talking about learning .Net (VB.Net I'm
> > guessing). Anyway, I was wondering how that is going. I'm getting ready
> > to take the plunge and am interested in any pointers you might have or
> > gotchas to look out for. Also, what material did you find most helpful.
> > I'm considering getting certified (I hate the thought of MS
> > certification, but need some resume boosters). Any input would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Scott

Martin WP Reid