[AccessD] Age calculation function

Mark Whittinghill mwhittinghill at symphonyinfo.com
Thu Jul 31 14:52:09 CDT 2003

Hi all,

  I need an age calculation function to calculate current age from birthday.
If the person's 30th birthday is on August 1, I want them to be 29 on
July31st.  DateDiff rounds up and makes them 30.  I made this function

Public Function CalculateAge(datBirth As Date) As Long

    Dim lngNumDays As Long
    lngNumDays = DateDiff("d", datBirth, Date)

    CalculateAge = Int(lngNumDays / 365.25)

End Function

It works, except when today's date is their birthday.  In my example, on
their birthday, the function returns 29.  The next day it works.  It works
for some years on the birthday and not others.  How can I make this
foolproof?

Mark Whittinghill
Symphony Information Services
612-333-1311