[AccessD] Documenting in VBA

Stephen Bond stephen at bondsoftware.co.nz
Thu Jul 31 19:45:01 CDT 2003

I am trying to document the subforms embedded in a Tab Control.  I have got what I want, as far as the commented lines below.  What is the syntax for looping thru all the controls on a acPage type control, testing if each is a sub-form and documenting as below?

Anyone?

Stephen Bond

<code>
  For Each doc In cont()
    DoCmd.OpenForm doc.Name, acDesign
    With Screen.ActiveForm
      rs.AddNew
      rs!FormName = VBA.Left(doc.Name, 50)
      rs!ControlName = "__ F o r m"
      rs.Update
      For Each ctl In .Controls
        If ctl.ControlType = acPage Then
          rs.AddNew
          rs!FormName = VBA.Left(doc.Name, 50)
          rs!ControlName = VBA.Left(ctl.Name, 50)
          rs!ControlSourceObject = VBA.Left(ctl.SourceObject, 100)
          rs.Update
         ' For Each control on the tab page (which is itself a control)
         '    if it is a subform, I want to extract
         '    the Name and the SourceObject properties
         '
         ' Next
        End If
      Next ctl