[AccessD] Calling control (WAS How do I determine which form called?)

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Tue Jul 1 09:11:57 CDT 2003

MessageHello Roz,

I did exactly what Charlotte describes below.  I called it 'CallingForm'.  It works well once you get it set up.  I also used all modal forms but turned them invisible when they called a subform.  So the user only ever sees one form.  But magically (as far as the programmer is concerned) they turn back on in sequence.  The temptation is to hardwire the turning on and off, but that makes the system much less flexible.

I am not sure where you will have to acquire the data and where it will be saved to the db, you seem to be suggesting that you will acquire at form three, but will save it at form one.  I presume that if you get the calling form working, you will just pass the data back along with it.

I cannot remember exactly which way I did it, but if you want anymore info, just shout, I guess you will have no difficulty.

Regards

Mark