[AccessD] weird query def

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jul 1 11:55:19 CDT 2003

MessageYes, but were you running the code inside the database with the
function?  I am talking about a wizard where the code is external to the
query db.  It opens the database, sets a querydef and looks at the field
collection.  From OUTSIDE the db that has the query and function it is not
working here (in A2K).

Function QryFldLst(strDBName As String, strQryName As String) As String
On Error GoTo Err_QryFldLst
Dim wks As DAO.Workspace
Dim dbs As DAO.Database
Dim fld As DAO.Field
Dim str As String
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
    Set wks = DBEngine(0)
    Set dbs = wks.OpenDatabase(strDBName)
    Set qdf = dbs.QueryDefs(strQryName)
    For Each fld In qdf.Fields
        If Len(str) > 0 Then
            str = str & ";"
        End If
        str = str & fld.Name
    Next
    If Len(str) = 0 Then
        MsgBox strQryName & " NOT FOUND in " & "QryFldLst"
    Else
        QryFldLst = str
    End If

Exit_QryFldLst:
On Error Resume Next
    Set fld = Nothing
    If Not (dbs Is Nothing) Then dbs.Close: Set dbs = Nothing
    If Not (wks Is Nothing) Then wks.Close: Set wks = Nothing
Exit Function
Err_QryFldLst:
    Select Case Err
    Case 0      '.insert Errors you wish to ignore here
        Resume Next
    Case Else   '.All other errors will trap
        Beep
        MsgBox Err.Description, , "Error in Function Module1.QryFldLst"

        Resume Exit_QryFldLst
    End Select
    Resume 0    '.FOR TROUBLESHOOTING
End Function