[AccessD] Two front end databases with one user interface?

Steve Goodhall sgoodhall at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 20:31:40 CDT 2003

Perhaps not easy, but if you have 2 FEDB's, you can register one of them as
a "library" of the other one.  This will allow you do invoke functions in
the 2nd DB (the "library") from the 1st db.  You can use these functions to
open forms, etc.  I haven't ever done much with this, other than build some
simple function libraries.  You will probably have to have both FEDB's
linked to the tables in the BE.

Note that you cannot, unfortunately, create a circular reference to permit
the 2nd db to invoke functions in the 1st.   I had done this only in A2K, so
just to be sure, I built a Q&D test set in A97 and it seems to work.

Regards,

Steve Goodhall