[AccessD] Jet OLEDB provider - deprecated?

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 2 18:49:57 CDT 2003

MDAC 2.5 has Jet SP3; after that no Jet install with MDAC.

You must have SP3 installed to install follow up SP's, latest is SP 7.0
just out this week.
They are cumulative patches; for example SP6 has patches for SP4 and SP5
included

Jet 4.0 Service Pack 7 (SP7) Replication File Update - KB321076
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0185ceec-e3b2-4a3f-8afd-e0cbf2b4a0bb&DisplayLang=en

Jet 4.0 Service Pack 7 (SP7) Full for all OS's
http://support.microsoft.com/?KBID=282010

winXP SP7.0 downloadable install rather than Windows update
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c1780c0-3f8f-4650-b6ad-11badf3f4dab&DisplayLang=en

If you installed the Beta for SP 7.0 deinstall before installing
approved SP7
You need SP7 installed before installing Refresh or Part2 of Beta 2
Office 2003
Double-click Add/Remove Programs. In the list of currently installed
programs,
select Windows 2000 Hotfix (SP4) Q816056 or Windows XP Hotfix (SP2)
Q816056, and then remove
to deinstall Beta of SP 7.0

I found the WindowsUpdate site did a really slow install of SP7 (45
minutes) for WinXP much quicker using
using the last url above for WinXP.

I found after this install, JRO.engine database conversion to higher
version no longer works.
No great loss as you can still convert through DAO, just a problem if
you only use VB6.0