[AccessD] Access app for 24/7 usage?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jul 7 09:24:09 CDT 2003

Hi Joe

Access runs nicely (if properly coded, of course).
The problem may be Windows. We've seen both NT and 2000 machines which
needed regularly reboots at intervals between a week and half a year -
suddenly they begin slowing gradually down to extremely low speed for
no apparent reason.

Win95/98 had a true bug:

  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216641

/gustav