[AccessD] Access app for 24/7 usage?

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 10:56:51 CDT 2003

Hi Joe,

I have an Access 97 app that runs 24/7 and imports data at timed intervals.
The back end is linked to by several machines that run a VB based
application that gets it's data from the Access database. I understand they
do occaisionally have to exit and restart the Access application or reboot
the server - every couple months or so when the imports quit happening
automatically. Not a big deal in our environment as it's on it's own server
and a 5 minute outage isn't a killer for us. Has never been a big enough
problem to bother investigating. It's been running for more than three years
straight.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com