[AccessD] Split Field

Mike and Doris Manning mikedorism at ntelos.net
Tue Jul 8 10:10:24 CDT 2003

You could loop through the string checking for the "-" character and
whittling it down.  When there are no more, then the reference number will
be the numeric value of what's left.

strWhittle = "ADTS - Outpatient Program Admission And Discharge Criteria -
PPM No. 51.08 Human Resources Plan -- A15.04 Medical Staff Rules &
Regulations - A10.03 Admission Criteria for Inpatient Hospitalization - PPM
No. 25.07"

Do While Instr(1, strWhittle, "-") > 0
   intPos = Instr(1, strWhittle, "-") + 1
   strWhittle = right(strwhittle, len(strwhittle) - intPos
Loop

RefNum = val(strwhittle)

Doris Manning
Database Administrator