[AccessD] Acc97: File Record Locking Count Exceeded error

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 8 15:24:43 CDT 2003

Ron,

  I'd set the UseTransactions property on your action queries to no.  This
will allow JET to breakup the action queries into multiple transactions.
Right now, it's having to create copies of everything and place locks on
everything in case it needs to roll back.  Just make sure you have a good
backup.  If the process stops in the middle, it will be a mess.

  Also, something has obviously changed as you said.  Has the machine where
the DB's reside had any work done on it?  The machine where the job is
executed?  Remember, everything is processed locally even if the DB's reside
on a different machine, except for locking, which is handled by the OS/NOS
where the DB's reside.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.