[AccessD] Short file names

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 8 17:57:00 CDT 2003

On 8 Jul 2003 at 14:06, Francisco Tapia wrote:

> I'm having a tough time remembering this...
>
> A2K
>
> currentproject.path gives me the full path to my app, but how can I specify
> that I want the shortname notation?

Dragged from my own archive:

ON 30 March I wrote:

Here's something I've just written (took all of 2 minutes):

Public Declare Function GetShortPathName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetShortPathNameA"
(ByVal lpszLongPath As String, ByVal lpszShortPath As String, ByVal
cchBuffer As
Long) As Long

Function ShortPath(Longpath As String)
Dim strShortpath As String * 255
Dim lngResult As Long
lngResult = GetShortPathName(Longpath, strShortpath, 255)
ShortPath = strShortpath
End Function

--
Lexacorp Ltd