[AccessD] report subheadings

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jul 12 13:45:13 CDT 2003

Hi Susan

>>   YourDateField
>>     Ascending, no header or footer
>>   =Format([YourDateField],"ww",2,2)
>>     Ascending, header and/or footer

> ==========Thanks Gustav, I'm already using this -- I thought it would help
> me get where I wanted to go, but I haven't gotten there yet. :) What I'm
> trying to do is return the full date of that week's Monday -- for instance,
> July 16, is in the 29th week. I want to return July 14, 2003 -- the date of
> the 29th week's Monday.

Well, then this function could be for you!

Change the sorting/grouping of the report to:

   =DatePrevWeekday([YourDateField])
     Ascending, header and/or footer
   YourDateField
     Ascending, no header or footer

<code>

Function DatePrevWeekday( _
  ByVal datDate As Date, _
  Optional ByVal bytWeekday As Byte = vbMonday) _
  As Date

' Returns the date of the previous weekday, as
' spelled in vbXxxxday, prior to datDate.
' 2000-09-06. Cactus Data ApS.

  ' No special error handling.
  On Error Resume Next

  DatePrevWeekday = DateAdd("d", 1 - WeekDay(datDate, bytWeekday), datDate)

End Function

</code>

/gustav