[AccessD] OT: Finders fees anyone?

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 15 19:27:22 CDT 2003

Coincidentally one my 'finders' contacted me today and suggested this:

10% commission on work up to $1000, (eg. maintenance jobs, initial client meetings etc.)
5% on work over $1000

Nothing payable after 2 years.

At least this gives the agreement an end date.

Kath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.
  To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
  Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:18 AM
  Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT: Finders fees anyone?

  I am currently paying 10% commission in finders fees. I personally think 15% sounds high. I do find it easier never to change my hourly rate - whatever it is, stick to it and make the commission come off that.

  Initially I had a rate for my *own* clients and a slightly higher one for referred clients (where finder fees were payable), but it was too complicated, and a bit unethical (IMO).

  It is tricky though. Does the commission ever stop? Maybe it should at some point...

  Kath