[AccessD] Broken References in Runtime AXP

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 17 17:15:18 CDT 2003

Don't know if this will help, but you can check broken references externally

'ReadReferences("c:\access files\snapscreenform.mdb")

Function ReadReferences(DatabaseName As String)
Dim appAccess As Access.Application
Dim refCurr As Reference
Dim strMessage As String
 Dim blnBroken As Boolean
On Error Resume Next

    Set appAccess = New Access.Application
    appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase DatabaseName

    For Each refCurr In appAccess.References
     blnBroken = refCurr.IsBroken
     If blnBroken Or Err <> 0 Then
         strMessage = "Missing Reference:" & vbCrLf & refCurr.FullPath
      Else
         strMessage = "Reference: " & refCurr.Name & vbCrLf _
            & "Location: " & refCurr.FullPath & vbCrLf
      End If
      Debug.Print strMessage
    Next

    Set refCurr = Nothing