[AccessD] Broken References in Runtime AXP

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 17 21:58:29 CDT 2003

For each reference that is selected, Access does the following:

Access checks to see if the referenced file name is currently loaded in
memory.

 If not, Access verifies whether the RefLibPaths registry key exists. If
so, Access looks for a named   value with the same name as the
reference. If there is a match, Access loads the reference from the
path that is pointed to by the named value.

Access next searches the following locations for the referenced file:

1 Application Folder (location of Msaccess.exe)
2 Current Folder that you see if you click Open on the File menu
3 WinDir where the operating system files are running  XP c:\windows
4 System Folder located in the WinDir  XP c:\windows\system32
5 the PATH environment list of folders directly accessible by the system.
If the file cannot be found, then a referencing error occurs.

 You may have to do a reboot in between test runs to forcibly  remove
reference from memory