[AccessD] SQL Svr BE + Access FE vs. SQL Svr BE + Web FE?

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hshhp.org
Fri Jul 18 07:44:17 CDT 2003

We had an mdb BE with Access 97 FE deployed over a WAN to some remote sites that ran very slowly so we ported the BE to SQL which sped things somewhat up somewhat but we had do a bit of "unbinding" particularly where combo boxes were concerned.  Given that I don't see why you shouldn't/couldn't go with a web app unless they're interested in using replication with an Access FE.

HTH,

Jim DeMarco
Director of Product Development
HealthSource/Hudson Health Plan