[AccessD] Beep Doesn't Work on Client Machine

David McAfee (Home) dmcafee at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 19 16:28:15 CDT 2003

Another thing that it could be is that the computer has a sound card but no
speakers plugged in (or turned on). I just recently found out that if a
computer has a sound card, that the beep no longer "beeps" through the
computer case's speaker. We buy a lot of computers form Dell at work, which
all come with sound cards. Hardly anyone has speakers hooked up.

David

PS Jim, why on earth do you think Norton would delete the default sound?
Could someone replace the sound with a virus infected mp3 or wav?