[AccessD] RE: Displaying TAB as [Chr(9)] in a text control

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Jul 24 12:31:00 CDT 2003

The programmer formerly known as David?

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of David Fenton
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 6:37 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] RE: Displaying TAB as [Chr(9)] in a text control

To John, Charles and Lambert

Thank you all for your insights. It's good to discover 'why' things work as
they do. Regarding the vbCRLF and vbTab - these constants are not recognised
by Access inside a textbox so that's why I resorted to the chr(13) &
chr(10). Progressing from there, I naturally thought that the chr(9) would
work also, but now I know why it won't. I solved the problem by splitting
the data and positioning two textboxes on the report at the correct tab
distance apart, thus ensuring the data lined up properly. Thank you again
for your advice. I enjoy reading many of the posts and have learned a great
deal.

Cheers
David Ô¿Ô¬
Australia