[AccessD] A2K2: Basic Roll-Your-Own Security

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Thu Jul 24 13:29:01 CDT 2003

Mark,

Making an .mde protects your code and prevents others from making design
changes to your app.  It does not provide any other security than that.
The next step up in security is using Access User-Level Security.  This
will stop almost all that are not willing to buy one of the password
crackers available on the internet.  If that is not enough security for
you, then you will need to convert your app to something that does have
industrial-strength security such as SQLServer.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave