[AccessD] RE: [dba-VB] OT: ASP.net not working

Mike Tope mike.tope at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 24 16:06:56 CDT 2003

John
I've recently hit something very similar with ASP (tho not .net) on our
intranet. Turned out there was a link on an earlier page where the href was
set to "file:\\...".
The entire site below that continued as file.

So the web server was serving up a file to the browser just as if it was
file server. The browser made no attempt to interpret server-side vbscript,
so the page(s) appeared with html but without vbscript output.

Cured by ensuring "http:\\" protocol in the call.
Regards
Mike Tope