[AccessD] no-ip.com

jcolby at colbyconsulting.com jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jul 26 11:10:48 CDT 2003

Lembit,

Thanks for that.  I went through this about 6 months ago and got it all
working, such that it could all be seen from someone outside of my network.
Apparently after that I went back to dynamic IP addresses from my router.
Thus I now need to assign the server a fixed IP address and test that it can
see the internet and stuff with that fixed IP address.  I think I have
assigned the fixed IP and the other computers in the LAN can see the server,
but the server (or IE anyway) can't see the WWW so I am still uncertain
whether I have succeeded even in that much.  I have to get that done of
course in order to assign the holes in the firewall to the IP address so
that IIS can get through the firewall.

I never did figure out how to get a workstation on my LAN to be able to go
out to the WWW and back in via no-ip and see the site.  Thus the question
about placing one or the other in the DMZ (just for testing).  It's a PITA
to have to get an acquaintance to help with the testing.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com