[AccessD] Tooo funny Help has a sense of the ironic

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 26 13:38:58 CDT 2003

...although I hate to say anything positive here re MS, it has been my
experience that on server issues they have always given me more than my
money's worth ...by the time I'm desperate enough to call them, the cost
seems cheap and they DO follow an issue through to the bitter end with you
no matter how long it takes ...although on my most recent issue it was
actually an MS MVP on the SBS list that finally solved the problem, however
the MS tech continued to follow up for the next week to ensure both that I
was satisfied and that it actually got into their knowledge base ...but I
also note that MS has not moved server support offshore as yet :)

...the same goes for Dell service support on their servers ...good, solid
response and still US based.

...but I am running into more and more sales and support being handled by
offshore techs that may understand "technical" english quite well but always
seem to lose me somewhere along the way when I'm trying to explain to them
what the problem is ...its frustrating in the extreme :(

...I suppose its a matter of perception on my part as many of you who are
not US based probably have the same opinions re US based tech support when
you have to call them :)

William Hindman
...It's a proven fact that if you smoke a pack of cigarettes a day for 90
years, you'll live to a ripe old age. :)))