[AccessD] DAO/ADO constants

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Sun Jul 27 15:34:40 CDT 2003

Thanks Marty -- I tried a couple but they didn't work in the following:

Private Sub Form_Load()
  Dim boo As Boolean
  boo = SetStartupOptions("AppIcon", 10, _
      "C:\A\TechRepublic\Icons\h.ico")
  If boo = True Then
    CurrentDb.Properties("UseAppIconForFrmRpt") = _
        vbTrue
  End If
End Sub

This just passes arguments to a procedure that appends and adds properties
to the Application object -- as such, even though it uses DAO, you don't
need to reference the library. If there's an explicit reference to DAO, you
can use the dbText constant instead of the integer 10. But I'd rather not
reference the library just for that -- and I can't find the appropriate text
constant to replace it with.

Susan H.