[AccessD] Determine current tab (x-posted)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Jul 27 21:26:10 CDT 2003

David,

For the case of TabControl without subforms this code may help you:

Public Function TabNameOfCtl(ByRef rfrm As Access.Form, ByVal vstrCtlName As
String) As String
Dim ectl As Access.Control
Dim ectl1 As Access.Control
Dim fFound As Boolean
    For Each ectl In rfrm.Controls
        If ectl.ControlType = acPage Then
           For Each ectl1 In ectl.Controls
              If ectl1.Name = vstrCtlName Then
                 TabNameOfCtl = ectl.Name
                 fFound = True
                 Exit For
              End If
           Next ectl1
        End If
        If fFound = True Then Exit For
    Next ectl
End Function

For the case of TabControl on subforms (nested tabs) more advanced code is
needed...

Shamil