[AccessD] Determine current tab (x-posted)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jul 27 22:22:55 CDT 2003

On 28 Jul 2003 at 10:54, David Emerson wrote:

> I have a form with a tab control which has 3 tabs.  The third tab has a
> subform with a tab control on it and 2 tabs.  The second tab of the subform
> has another subform with a tab control having 4 tabs.
>
> On the main form I have a search box.  Currently if this is used the focus
> ends up with the first tab on the main form (it uses this field to search
> on using DoCmd.FindRecord).  My users want to be able to search but end up
> with the focus on the particular tab they were in before the search.
>
> My problem is that I can't find a property that says what is the current
> tab.  I can find the current field but unless I know the tab I can't just
> set the focus to that field.  Any hints?

myTab.Value gives the page number of the currently displayed  page
(zero based) of the control myTab

"The Value property of a tab control contains the index number of the
current Page object. There is one Page object for each tab in a tab
control. The first Page object always has an index number of 0, the
second has an index number of 1, and so on."

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg