[AccessD] Invalid Reference to the Property Form/Report

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Mon Jul 28 11:38:09 CDT 2003

Susan,
Try adding a .Form property to the Subform control reference:

  Set ctl = Forms!frmWiz!SubCrit.Form!lstTerm

Older versions of Access required it.  A2K and newer shouldn't, but who
knows?
BTW, the frmWiz is open when you print the report, right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Geller [mailto:sgeller at cce.umn.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 11:48 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Invalid Reference to the Property Form/Report

I have an application and I'm testing the new release and suddenly
getting an error in a place where I did not get one in an older version.
And, I'm not getting it on the development machine, only on test
machines.

On a report, in the Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format code, I have:

Dim ctl As Control
Dim strDescr As String
Set ctl = Forms!frmWiz!SubCrit!lstTerm
strDescr = BuildReportHeaderString(ctl, 1)

The code runs fine when the report first opens in preview mode.  But,
when I try to preview page 2 or any subsequent pages, I get this
message:

"You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the property
Form/Report".  When I step through the code, the error is in setting
ctl.  I tried getting rid of the ctl reference and instead used just:

strDescr = BuildReportHeaderString(Forms!frmWiz!subCrit!lstTerm, 1)

But I get the same error message at this line.  References are ADO 2.7
library.

I am at a total loss.

--Susan

Susan B. Geller