[AccessD] HTML Email from Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Jul 30 05:44:50 CDT 2003

On 30 Jul 2003 at 11:37, Andy Lacey wrote:

> Morning all
> Any one have any experience of sending out HTML email-shots from
> within Access. I already use automation to drive Outlook but have
> only ever sent text emails. How would I (or more likely the user)
> format HTML emails? In Word or what? And how would I merge data fom
> the Access database with it ("Hi Bill" etc) and send them via
> Outlook? Any ideas? Anyone doing it already? Any guidance would be
> gratefully received.

I do it in a number of different ways.

I have a small PB application which interrogates a Contact list and
sends out to everyone with a certain "category"  in the the contacts
list. It is designed to compose the html mail in Outlook which is
then saved to a HTML file.

I've also done it by creating a report and using Docmd.SendObject to
each one in turn with a single page report output as HTML.

Email me off-list with more info on exactly what you are trying to do
and I'll fire something through to you.

(I do it under protest for a client , but I personally have an
aversion to html emails <g>)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg