AW: [AccessD] Picklist

Michael Brösdorf michael.broesdorf at web.de
Thu Jul 31 05:27:02 CDT 2003

Andy,

that's exactly what I need - thank you!

Michael
  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]Im Auftrag von Andy Lacey
  Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2003 11:50
  An: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
  Betreff: Re: [AccessD] Picklist

  Michael
  What I do is this (and I don't claim any originality for this). If the
user presses Cancel I close the form. If he presses Ok I keep the form open
but make it hidden. The calling form gets control back in both cases, so it
tests for whether the form is open. If so it gets the value(s) off the
screen and then closes it. Here's some code:

  DoCmd.OpenForm "frmWhatever", , , , , acDialog
  If IsScreenOpen("frmWhatever") = True Then
    var = forms![frmWhatever].txtControl
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmWhatever"
  End If

  Function IsScreenOpen(strName As String) As Boolean
  IsScreenOpen = (SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strName) =
acObjStateOpen)
  End Function

  and behind the Ok button is just
  Me.Visible=False