[AccessD] Weird problem suddenly on TS

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Jun 4 12:46:41 CDT 2003

For a couple of years we have been running an Access ADE file on Terminal
Services with no problems. Recently I modified the ADP, strictly some
cosmetic stuff, changed a couple of logos and company addresses. When one
person runs the ADE, it works as expected. However, the 2nd through nth
person all experience the same thing -- the startup code fails to run. The
switchboard doesn't open. Access opens ok, and the ADE is actually open, but
the database window is hidden so all the user sees is the grey background.
To work around it, I made a copy of the ADE file for each user, each file
having a slightly different name. They're back up and running, so the
workaround was successful, but it strikes me as very bizarre. Nothing on the
TS machine has changed.

I can't think of any reason that this should occur. Can you?

Arthur